Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm an idiot



For 30 years, 30 STINKING YEARS, I have been tying knots. WRONG. This image to the left, this is wrong. Note the bows lie more along the show than across the shoe?

I've been trying shoes for the better part of 30 years and i've been wrong the whole time. Now I am trying to (to quote a mentor of mine "unlearn what I have learned". Its not easy.

This image shows how the shoe SHOULD be tied. Many of you (both of you) may find yourself in the same dilemma. Thankfully, Ian will show us how it's done, along with some fancy new knots. And, and, and.... new ways to lace a shoe too.

You gotta love the internet. The great leveler. Sure, you can ridicule a guy who is this into knots, but once you realize how right he is and how wrong you are...all self righteousness fades. And where else can you practice a hobby as obscure as knot tying.

Gotta love it. Site is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home